Explore the Lifestyle Options at Lakeshore Senior Living
One of the most significant factors that will determine whether a senior living community is right for you or someone you love is if the community offers the lifestyle option or level of care that best suits your needs and preferences.
While many communities offer similar services, what sets each one apart is how they implement the care they provide. Whether it’s assisted living or memory care in Guntersville, Alabama, how these lifestyle options are tailored to each individual makes all the difference.
Lakeshore Senior Living is an engaging community that offers daily opportunities for individuals to find passion, purpose, and success. Through our lifestyle options and community amenities, residents living at Lakeshore benefit from a close-knit, welcoming atmosphere that provides exceptional care and support. Our team is sharing more information about our assisted living and memory care lifestyle options in Guntersville, Alabama, to help you determine which is right for you or someone you love.
Assisted Living in Guntersville, Alabama
At Lakeshore Senior Living, we offer assisted living services designed for individuals who need added support to maintain their independence and well-being. Our services focus on the six dimensions of wellness – physical, social, intellectual, spiritual, emotional, and occupational – and residents in our community benefit from supportive assistance, community activities, events, and amenities.
In addition to helping individuals maintain their independence, the assisted living lifestyle offers additional benefits, including:
- Increased Safety and Peace of Mind – This goes for residents and their families. You never know when you or someone you love may need assistance, but assisted living communities offer 24/7 access to care and support.
- Convenient Access to Nutritious Meals – Assisted living communities make it easy to enjoy healthy meals that are also delicious.
- Privacy in a Community Setting – Residents do not have to give up their privacy when they move to assisted living. They just benefit from living in a community environment that offers convenient access to socialization opportunities at their doorstep.
With restaurant-style dining, common areas with billiards and poker tables, and engaging activities and events, individuals living at Lakeshore have access to community amenities that enhance their lifestyles. Additionally, our assisted living services further contribute to overall health and well-being. These services include:
- 24/7 support and assistance
- Medication management services
- Assistance with the activities of daily living
- Housekeeping services
Memory Care in Guntersville, Alabama
Our memory care program, The Harbor at Lakeshore, is dedicated to cultivating a welcoming and calming environment that supports individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. Residents are encouraged to lead active, engaging lifestyles within a safe and comfortable environment through personalized care programs and services, such as reminiscent and occupational therapies.
Beyond living in a safe and welcoming environment that fosters relaxation and reduces wandering, memory care offers several benefits to those living with memory impairment, including:
- Specialized Care – Memory care communities provide therapies and specialized care that other lifestyle options do not. This level of support can help slow down the progression of an individual’s memory impairment and delay further cognitive decline.
- Structure and Routine – Routines are extremely beneficial to individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. By living in a memory care community, residents benefit from daily routines and structure that can help reduce confusion and agitation.
- Enhanced Engagement Opportunities – Because isolation and withdrawal are common symptoms of dementia, ensuring individuals have opportunities to interact with others is crucial. The memory care lifestyle offers programs that foster meaningful connections and socialization.
Our goal at The Harbor at Lakeshore is to support the cognitive health of residents, slow the progression of their memory impairment, and allow them to find success and happiness in everyday life. We do this by developing personalized care plans catering to each resident’s needs, strengths, and goals and incorporating therapies and activities that promote their overall wellness into their daily routines. Some of what our memory care lifestyle has to offer include:
- Music therapy
- Reminiscent therapy
- Occupational therapy and life skills
- Intellectually stimulating activities (sensory boxes, word games, puzzles, trivia)
- Tactile therapies (pet therapy, activity aprons, mats, etc.)
- Physical activity and exercise
- Scheduled outings and shopping trips
The lifestyle options we offer at Lakeshore Senior Living are designed to improve the overall well-being of the individuals in our community. We invite you to contact a member of our team to learn more about our assisted living and memory care options in Guntersville, Alabama, and what it is like living at Lakeshore!